Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Busy Week

A week ago today I found out that my daughter and family were coming for a visit from Atlanta. We were going to celebrate her daughter, Anna-Kate's 6th birthday. She was hoping I would make matching dresses for Anna-Kate and Elise. So off I went to JoAnn Fabrics to find some material. It had been a long time since I had been to JoAnns and I sure wasted a lot of time there before I found just what I was looking for. Fortunately I already had the pattern and it was for sizes 4, 6 and 8. I used the size 6 for Elise and the size 8 for Anna-Kate. I also made matching purses for each. I hadn't sewn for many years and I actually enjoyed it however I would have appreciated a little more time.
The party was a big hit and the girls loved having matching dresses.

Today, Elise, Anna-Kate, her mom, my sister Diana, neice Sally and I went out to lunch together to The Back Porch Cafe.
When my girls were growing up, they benefited from hand-me-downs from their cousins. Now Elise is benefitting from hand-me-downs from her cousin Anna-Kate.

No matter how much things change...they stay the same!

2 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

You've been busy! Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

ColettesCorner said...

Anna-Kate loves her dress and loved her time with Grama and her cousins! Thanks for making it special and can't wait to see those photos in your creative scrapbook pages!
Colette