Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sewing 'Paper?'



I have always loved fabric, especially when I made quilts. I stopped making quilts when I stopped having grandchildren and started making scrapbooks. Then I became a lover of paper which, to me, was just a different texture of fabric. But I have never pleated and sewn paper. That is until this week. Using wonderful paper from my large stash, I was making Tussie Mussies and needed a ruffle across
the top and I wanted it to look like what Mary Englebreit would make. The only answer was to pleat the paper. Then to make the bottom edge lay flat against the Tussie Mussie, I had to sew the ruffle. I know there is 'nothing new under the sun' but this was a first for me.
All my handmade items are 'one of a kind' and I post freshly made new items several times a week at my shope: www.allthingshomey.etsy.com/ - Take a look and I would appreciate your comments.

No comments: